Amorim reveals talk with Bruno about Real interest as they target £90m transfer

Ruben Amorim has told Bruno Fernandes that he is not for sale for any price – despite the fact that Manchester United is desperately in cash.

Spanish giants Real Madrid watch a £ 90 million summer swoop for Red Devils Captain Fernandes.

But Baas Amorim said, “He's not going anywhere because I have already told him.”

Co-owner of United Sir Jim Ratcliffe has fallen the costs with a maximum of 450 job loss-nadat they claimed that they are in danger of being.

Amorim admits that players are sold to pay for summer signs.

Kobbie Mainoo and Alejandro Garnacho can eventually be sacrificed if United is still struggling with Prem financial rules.

The native pair can yield at least £ 100 million pure profit.

But for Tuesday's trip to Nottingham Forest, Amorim wiped the conversation about Fernandes. He said: “No. It doesn't happen.

“We have had a low point this season, but I want Bruno here, because we want to win the competition again.”

Fernandes, 30, last August wrote a new deal until 2027, with the option of another year.

The attacker revealed last month that he could have continued at the time.

He said: “I was at the club because I had an offer to leave, we spoke about the possibility. I just asked if they still saw me as part of the future of the club.”

Fernandes has eight goals and nine assists since Amorim's arrival of November.

His hat trick against Real Sociedad earned a quarter -final place in the Europa League.

Amorim said: “We have control over the situation and have the feeling that he is really happy.

“I think he is still in favor of Man United and he is the type of player we want here.

“He really feels it. Sometimes you see frustration – and maybe some say it's not a good thing in a captain. But it's a sign that he wants this so badly.”

Nevertheless, selling on-Loan couple Marcus Rashford and Antony would help to stimulate United's transfer kitty.

Rashford received his first goals for Aston Villa in the 3-0 FA Cup victory on Sunday at Preston and is back in the English fold.

Antony has eight target contributions in 12 games since he went to Real Betis.

Amorim says it is “good news” for the club that the attackers are doing well.

He said, “Rashford is a top player, if he wants to. So I am not surprised and it is the same with Antony.”

But in their future he added: “I just want to concentrate at stake.”

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *