
The sports director of Bayer Leverkusen has responded to reports stating that Xabi Alonso could leave Bayer Leverkusen for Real Madrid next season.
After won the first Bundesliga title of Leverkusen last year, as well as the German cup and the German Super Cup, Alonso was reserved with movements to various European giants, including Bayern Munich, Man United and Liverpool.
The former Madrid midfielder also took Leverkusen to the Europa League final in 2024, where they members their only defeat of the season.
As reported by Mail Sport, Alonso is accompanied by Bournemouth -Baas Andoni Iraola on the shortlist of Madrid if Carlo Ancelotti would leave this summer.
Presenty plans in the case of the departure of Ancelotti have been drawn up, it is understood, and Iraola, represented by the same agency as Alonso, is firmly on their radar.
However, the sports director of Leverkusen, Simon Rolfes, gave a strong opinion about the future of Alonso and spoke after the 3-1 victory for his side for Bochum on Friday.
Rolfes said: 'No, he stays, that's it. He told me there was nothing. He has a contract with us. '
Although he did not enjoy the same glory that he did last season, Alonso has shown a strong show with Leverkusen in his third year.
The German champions are in second place in the Bundesliga, six points on Table toppers Bayern, who beat Alonso's side from the Last-16 of the Champions League.
In the meantime, Leverkusen stay in the DFB Pokal and prepares for Arminia Bielefeld in the semi -final on Thursday.
Earlier this month, Ancelotti was questioned about rumors that he could be fired by Madrid and made it clear that he would not run away from his post prematurely.
Speaking with poretcast di giacomo poretti, he said: “I don't know when.
“I don't decide. The only clear thing I know is that I don't decide when I leave, the president will do that. It will happen sooner or later. '
In January, Ancelotti laughed with speculation that he had decided to leave at the end of the season, regardless of the results and pointed to the re -election of Florentino Perez.
“I want to be very clear: the departure date of this club will never be decided by me in my life,” he said.
'I have the advantage that Florentino will stay for another four years and I have the goal of reaching them with him. We can say goodbye together. '
Ancelotti signed a new deal as head coach of Madrid at the end of 2023, committed his future until 2026, and he doesn't seem to be in a hurry to take on a new challenge.
Indeed, the 65-year-old has led his side to no fewer than 10 trophies, including two champions competitions, since he returned for a second spell that was in charge in 2021. He is also the head coach with the most trophies (15) in the illustrious history of the club.
Comments