
Erling Haaland landed on crutches in Barcelona to undergo medical tests to determine whether his season is over.
The Norwegian striker sustained an ankle injury last Saturday in the 2-1 victory of Manchester City over Bournemouth in their FA Cup Semi-final collision.
He underwent scans on Monday to assess the seriousness of the injury, but was referred to a specialist for extra checks.
And the specialist has excluded the former Borussia Dortmund -man for the next seven weeks of action.
Pep Guardiola said about the attacker's injury: “They told me, the doctors, [that he’ll be out for] Between five and seven weeks.
“So hopefully the end of the season and in the [Club] He will be ready world cup. “
The Etihad -believers feared the worst when Haaland was seen that the Vitality Stadium left on crutches and in a protective boot.
Injury on his star stiker is another headache for Guardiola, who has passed his worst season about the Sky Blues.
He regretted: “Sometimes there are years that things like this happen.
“I would say that at the end of the season could not be different.
“With all the dangers we had this season, I am so sorry for them.
“And also for Erling. [Hopefully, he] can restore quickly [and] As soon as possible and come back. “
Haaland, who wrote a new nine and a half year in the Etihad in January, is the star artist of the city in a gloomy season for the Premier League champions.
The 24-year-old has so far scored 30 goals in 40 performances this campaign.
City will be back in action tomorrow night and welcomes Leicester City at Etihad.
Comments