Jon Jones’ UFC light heavyweight title vacation statement resurfaces following continuous heavyweight delays

When Jon Jones left his UFC light heavyweight title in 2020, it was because he did not want to keep the division.

Towards the end of Jon Jones' rule over the light heavyweight division, he made it clear that he had plans to go to heavyweight.

He finally did this and won the empty title against Ciryl Gane in 2023 and increases his claim as the greatest hunter of all time.

Since then, however, 'Bones' has defended his title against Stipe Miocic last November and it has continued to delay a potential title Unification Fight against Tom Aspinall.

Photo by Cooper Neill/Zuffa LLC

Jon Jones' old statement is back while he continues to postpone the battle

Aspinall was recently opened that the continuous delays on the side of Jones were more difficult to deal with than when he was a career -bed -threatening injury in 2022.

Over the years, the mentality of Jones has clearly changed because he continues to postpone a fight against the Brit, an old statement he has made with regard to leaving the title of 205 pounds.

“I left the light heavyweight championship because I knew that my heavyweight goals would take some time. I was not going to play games with the contenders and let people fight (for) interim championships. There is little rest on the throne,” Jones said in 2020 after leaving the title.

I left the light heavyweight championship because I knew that my heavyweight goals would last some time. I did not play games with the contenders and let people fight against interim championship belts. There is little rest on the throne

– Jonny Meat (@JonnyBoes) August 28, 2020

View tweet

This time, however, the 37-year-old seems happy to leave Aspinall on the sidelines and he even told him to “close your mouth and do what you are told.”

UFC fans have become restless about the delays and recently surpassed a petition to let Jones of his heavyweight title stripped 100,000 signatures.

Tom Aspinall Angers Fans with 'Heavyweight News'

Earlier this week, fans were excited after Aspinall revealed that he had some 'heavyweight news' to drop, but he quickly shot all the chances that it was fighting news.

The interim champion further announced that he released a number of new heavyweight fighting clothing, who furiously had fans who were furiously hoping for some fighting news.

Despite the confidence of Dana White that Jones will fight this year, it seems that the months are still more unlikely that we will ever see 'Bones' step back in the Octagon.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top