Salah still interested in Saudi move amid Liverpool contract uncertainty

Mohamed Salah will remain interested this summer in a move to the Saudi Pro League, according to reports.

The current Liverpool contract of the Egyptian ends in the summer and the attacker still has to extend his deal.

As doubts continue to circulate about his future of Anfield, reports now claim that Saudi leaders weigh a deal for the Egyptian winger, with all Hilal the most likely destination of SPL clubs.

According to the Telegraph, Salah remains 'interested' in a move to Saudi Arabia, but has given priority to the offer that Liverpool will present him.

Separate reports in Egypt claimed last week that Liverpool's management had opened negotiations with Rami Abbas, the agent of Salah, in an attempt to extend his deal.

De Telegraaf continues by claiming that there is little chance that Salah will make a switch to Saudi Aarabia before the Club World Cup, which takes place in the summer, but communication lines are open.

Colleague teammates Virgil van Dijk and Trent Alexander-Arnold also have deals that end at the end of this campaign-with both still agree with extensions and the rear right that closes a move to Real Madrid as a free agent.

Salah is the leader for PFA player of the season, after he has inspired Liverpool on table formation and what seems destined to be a Premier League title.

The 32-year-old leads the race for the Golden Boot on 27 goals, six for Erling Haaland, which is now injured most of the rest of the season.

But there are still real doubts about the future of Salah in Anfield and moving to Saudi seems to be more likely than becoming a member of another European summit.

The length of the contract could be a bottleneck, whereby the club is wary of a sudden drop-off from the Egyptian.

Although the ultra-professional winger is known for his great conditioning, it is rare for clubs to re-sign more than 32 for huge new deals.

In the light of the approaching exit of Alexander-Arnold, reports in Egypt claimed last week that Liverpool was closer than ever in the extension of the Salah deal.

“Negotiations between Liverpool and Rami Abbas, the agent of Salah, are this time much more advanced than ever before, and the offer presented is higher than any offer to the player earlier,” a source told MasraWy.

“Alexander-Arnold's threatening departure from Liverpool will be an important factor in Salah's contract renewal, after the reduction of the high salaries of the club, which gives the Egyptian star what he wants in his new contract with the Reds,” says the source.

Liverpool is 12 points clearly at the top of the Premier League and confronted Everton on Anfield on Wednesday.

Although there will be huge parties if the Reds succeed in sewing the title in the coming weeks, the uncertainty about Salah and Van Dijk in particular is great in the future of the team.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *